How long will 1Password 7 be supported? Mixing 1P7 and 1P8 versions? And Mac App Store?

Options
kngspook
kngspook
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

I don't really like 1Password 8 (it seems like a step backwards in much of the UX), and I was wondering how long 1Password 7 would be supported?

Will I run into problems if I use 1Password 7 on Mac and 1Password 8 on iOS?

And even if I upgrade to 1P8 personally, will I run into problems because the rest of my family in our family account will likely stay on 1P7 until I see them in person and upgrade their devices...

Edit1: Oh, and lastly, one more question: why is 1P8 not on the Mac App Store yet? Is there something holding it up?

Edit2: I think the markdown created around the word "Browser" on a new post form is buggy, missing an underscore. :P

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @kngspook

1Password 7 is what I would call feature complete. It will only be receiving important updates moving forward. I am unaware of any problems between version 7 and its version 8 counterpart. My suggestion would be to use both version 8 apps to have as seamless of an experience as possible. We have people using 7 and 8 in tandem in much the same situation as you.

Updates about Mac App Store availability

This discussion has been closed.