Feature Request or Can't Find Face ID Security Feature from Version 7

Options
kayakpippin
kayakpippin
Community Member

In 1Password 7 there was a nice advanced security feature that allowed you to use Face ID to unlock your account on iOS but if 1Password hasn't been used in X amount of time it would prevent Face ID from being used and require the entire master password. This was perfect for a task where you needed to access the app a bunch and had the convenience of Face ID + the security if you happen to leave your phone at your desk when you walk to the bathroom. BUT if you don't use it for a Day or whatever X time you choose it requires the full password which gives you the peace of mind if you lose your phone or forget to fully lock it. Currently it seems like you are stuck with the hard coded 2 week lock out time which wouldn't be great if you all of a sudden can't find your phone. I can't find this feature in the Security section of the Advanced section in the new app. If this option in a different location or is it no longer a feature? If it is no longer a feature, request it be added in a future update.

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ 1Password 8
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request

Comments

• Hello @kayakpippin,

Thanks for your message and letting know you'd like to see the ability to adjust the time frame for the requirement of the account password. While we can't make any promises about when or if this can be added, I've included your thoughts in an internal feature request we're tracking.

We're always interested in learning from our customers where improvements can be made, and when possible, act on those suggestions to enhance the 1Password user experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

ref: IDEA-I-1659

This discussion has been closed.