I like version 8!

Options
DeltaSeven
DeltaSeven
Community Member

I occasionally visit these forums and knew about the reaction to version 8 and Electron. My son and I had decided to stay with version 7 on our iPhones, iPads and Macs. Recently, when version 8 came out for iOS, my son upgraded. Then he upgraded his Mac. He then started getting after me to upgrade too. He said everything worked fine, and was better, in version 8.

I gave in and updated everything to version 8 last week. And it has, in fact, been fine. And it is better. I'm just an average user. Between my wife and I we have two vaults, almost 500 items in All Categories and 225 logins between us.

I'd say version 8 feels more polished. Feels faster. Even on my 2013 Mac Pro ("trashcan"). When my son said the desktop app ran fine on his fairly new Mac Pro, I was worried it would feel sluggish on my 2013 Mac Pro. The desktop app doesn't feel sluggish at all! Even on a 2013 Mac Pro.

I like the "Compact" appearance. Less wasted space. And I used the upgrade to clean up lots of stuff. Even finally created the appropriate bank, credit card and logins where necessary. I had always kind of blurred the differences between these categories. Now they're set right.

The upgrade/installation was a bit tedious. On the Mac...install new browser extensions in each browser. Enable Privacy/Accessibility for 1Password in System Preferences. On the iOS devices...enable the browser extension in Safari. But I attribute these items to Apple's heightened security for the OS.

If you've been holding off on upgrading to version 8, I'd say go for it. The upgrade has been a nice improvement in this household.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5..1
Browser:_ Safari and Chrome

Comments

• Hey @DeltaSeven:

Thanks for your kind words! 😀 I shared them with the team.

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.