"Type in window" function for passwords missing

Options

Hi,
I can't find the function "type in window" to fill in passwords instead of typing i.e. when logging in to Windows via remote support softwares like Teamviewer, Anydesk or RDP. Now I always have to type it in manually because Windows doesn't allow copy&paste of passwords.
This is one of our most used functions (version 7.9).

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:type in window

Comments

• Hi @ChrisHenz, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

At the present, 1Password 8 does not fully support this functionality, as you found out, though this is on our development team's radar. I've gone ahead and updated an internal issue with your feedback. Any news or updates about auto-type or type in window will be posted on our releases notes, so be sure to keep an eye on that page.

ref: IDEA-I-193

If using the "type in window" feature is critical to your workflow, staying on 1Password 7 for Windows is an option. If you go that route, make sure to fully uninstall 1Password 8 before returning to 1Password 7, and be sure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit PDF available.

• ChrisHenz
    ChrisHenz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I went back to version 7 and will keep an eye on the release notes.

• Thanks for the update, @ChrisHenz.

• Hi @ChrisHenz, some news for you: Type in Window has now made it into one of our recent 1Password 8 Beta releases. If you'd like to try it out, we'd welcome your feedback!

This feature should, per our usual process, make it into Production builds of 1Password, pending further testing (although I don't have a date on that specifically). Just wanted to make sure that we informed you of this since you mentioned its a key part of your workflow. I hope this is helpful!

• sloot
    sloot
    Community Member
    Options

yay! Happy to hear this is now in Beta

• Let us know what you think if you give it a try.

This discussion has been closed.