I can NO longer log into my icloud account using 1 password8. It say's my password is wrong.

Options
Larry021942
Larry021942
Community Member

Just updated my 1Password to version 8 using Chrome. While I can get into some of my logins, I NO longer can get into others, i.e. iCloud. Even when I copy the p/w from the app and paste it into icloud, it doesn't recognize it. There seems to be other (Older) passwords that come up as if there may be interference from another pw manage.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can NO longer log into my icloud account using 1 password8. It say's my password is wrong.

Comments

• Hi @Larry021942,

Sorry to hear the passwords you have saved in 1Password aren't behaving as expected. Can I confirm that you're seeing duplicate items? If so, do you also see duplicates on 1Password.com?

If you're using 1Password 8 on your desktop or mobile device, you can sort your items by when they were created or last modified, this may help you locate the most recent copies of items:

Let me know what you see on 1Password.com and we can troubleshoot further from there. 🙂

• Larry021942
    Larry021942
    Community Member
    Options

Andrew, after successfully changing my iCloud password, I was able to copy and fill from 1password and it worked. I got in! Then after I came home, my devices wanted me to reset the password again. Every time I try to login, it tells me my password is no good. I have no duplicates at all. I lost as to what is going on.

• Hi @Larry021942,

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear things still aren't working as expected. Since you're not seeing any duplicates, is it possible any of your devices are offline? If so, that might explain why they're still showing you older versions of a password.

Many services also ask you to sign in again after resetting a password, is it possible you're resetting your iCloud password when it's asking you to sign back in? I've certainly been caught in a password resetting loop before so I understand how frustrating it must be.

I'd recommend confirming that the new password is saved on 1Password.com, and then try signing in using it. If it works, check that 1Password on all your other devices displays the same password, and then use it to sign in on those devices.

Keep me posted on how this goes. 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.