How can I move an entry from one category to another in the same vault?

Options
jwscofield
jwscofield
Community Member

Running the latest version of 1Password on Windows 10. I have an entry in one category I want to move to a different category without having to completely type it in.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome and Edge
Referrer: forum-search:How can I move an entry from one category to another in the same vault?

Comments

• Hi @jwscofield,

Thank you for contacting us with your question about changing the category of 1Password items.

Categories are a templates for a set of data based on the item type you are trying to create. In the case where an item was created using the wrong template (say, Credit Card vs Bank account), I can see where the ability to change the category of an item would be useful. At this time, there is no way to change the category of an item once it has been created and saved. You can create a new item in 1Password by selecting New item (Ctrl + N), selecting the new item type you'd like to use and then copy any information into that newly created item.

I've included your thoughts in a feature request we're tracking for the product team. We appreciate your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-844

This discussion has been closed.