Comments

• urby
    urby
    Community Member

Hi, where is apple watch app? Old app is better lol

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@urby

We do not have any news to announce with regards to a Watch app in 1Password 8. I’ve been running with both (7 an 8) with no trouble. Using 7 for the Apple watch feature would be my best recommendation. I would suggest using 8 for filling and all other needs.

ref: IDEA-I-1540

• urby
    urby
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I deleted the old application, I never thought that what worked in the old one would be completely missing in the new one. Unfortunately, the old one can no longer be downloaded.

• urby
    urby
    Community Member

I managed to download the old one, but it's strange to have both and use each one for something else :D

• Hopefully, this is something that we can improve on for sure.

• jussen
    jussen
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I will +1 on the original post.
    ~How do I install 1Password 7? I couldn’t find it un the App Store~

Nevermind, found it in one of the other posts

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@jussen

I'm happy to hear you got going.

ref: IDEA-I-1540

• gottmarc
    gottmarc
    Community Member

Q:
    Why would you develop a new version & drop such an important functionality? And as done, maybe setup & publish a comparison of 7 vs 8 for user to decide depending on their needs.

I see this as mandatory & hopefully the solution will be implementation & not the advise to us 2 versions of the same app.

• Hi @gottmarc / @jussen / @urby:

We’re actively working on an Apple Watch app and we’re very excited about it. We weren’t able to get it in the initial launch but it is coming soon. 🤗 Until then you can run 1Password 7 alongside v8 to use the Watch app in that version.

Jack

• jussen
    jussen
    Community Member

No problemo. In my opinion it is more important to start early with a bunch of features compared to start later with all previous features included.

• gottmarc
    gottmarc
    Community Member

That‘s good news!

• We're glad we could share it with you.

• DNMakinson
    DNMakinson
    Community Member

Do 1PW8 and 1PW7 use separate databases. IOW, if I re-install 1PW7 for use with Apple Watch, can I only have the few items that I pass to the watch in 1PW7, while 1PW8 has everything?

2nd question... how do I re-install 1PW7?

• Hi @DNMakinson

1Password 7 and 1Password 8 will have the same data in them assuming they're signed into the same 1Password accounts. Items are added to Apple Watch separately though, so you can opt to add a subset to the watch.

1Password 7 can be found in your purchase history, if you've previously installed it:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top-right of the screen.
    3. Tap Purchased.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this iPhone/iPad."
    6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

🙌

Ben

This discussion has been closed.