How to downgrade 1Password from version 8.9.2 to 7.*.*?

Options
SomebodySomewhere
SomebodySomewhere
Community Member

Because verion 8.9.2 does not work on my S8 (Android) and version 7 did it perfectly I have to downgrade fast because I can now not use 1P on my S8.

So, please tell me how?
Where can I find 1P version 7..?

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:how to downgrade rom 8.9.2 to 7.?

Comments

• Hi @SomebodySomewhere,

As the Galaxy S8 appears to run on Android 9, I suspect the issue you've encountered is related to one we identified with the update to 80902003 specifically on Android 9 devices. Our development team has marked this as a high priority and is already testing a fix internally. We should have the fix available in upcoming beta and production releases.

As long as you've installed 1Password 7 for Android on one of your devices via the Google Play Store at some point previously, you can install 1Password 7 for Android on the device again by following the steps below:

1. Open the Google Play Store
    2. Tap the profile icon in the top right (usually your initials)
    3. Tap Manage apps and devices
    4. Tap Manage
    5. Tap Installed, then tap Not Installed
    6. Tap 1Password 7 - Password Manager, then tap the green Install button.

I hope this helps! :)

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member
    Options

That's nice, but there is no 1PW anymore.
    Because I installed 1PW a week ago.
    Then 1PW8 worked.

Yesterday when it start to crashe I have tried your way but in NOT INSTALLED is no 1PW7 anymore.

I hope you can send me a working app, version 7 because I can not log in anywhere!

• Thanks for following up with us @SomebodySomewhere. I'm sorry to hear there was an issue finding 1Password 7. Do you still have access to the Google Play account that you used to install 1Password 7? If so, switch to that account in Google Play then try the steps my colleague shared.

• noneya
    noneya
    Community Member
    Options

This is ridiculous. Wouldn't be a problem if it were free, but we actually paid for this. Supposed to make things easier but it's done just the opposite. I think you owe everyone a refund until you fix these issues. I will not be paying for another year of this crap!

• Hi @noneya, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience getting started with 1Password 8 for Android. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here. My apologies for any trouble or frustration.

Could you share any specifics about what isn't working for you? I would be happy to help with any available solutions and report any issues to the team. Thanks again!

• noahf3
    noahf3
    Community Member
    Options

Would you PLEASE just make 1password7 available for download somewhere until you get all the bugs and UI problems worked out?

I'm not interested in paying for the "privilege" of being a guinea pig while you spend the next year working out all the bugs and UI mistakes; I have other things to do. Just make downgrading possible already. That is all the feedback the current version deserves.

• Hi @noahf3, thanks for your feedback here, I can understand your frustration.

1Password 7 for Android has been delisted from the Google Play Store. If you have not previously installed the app, it is no longer available. If you have previously installed 1Password 7 for Android, and have access to the account used in Google Play to download it, it should still be available to you. If that's the case for you, you can check your app history in Google Play or try opening this link on your Android device: 1Password 7 | Google Play Store

While I can't make any promises as to if or when it would be made available, I've shared your interest in a direct download of 1Password 7 for Android with the team. Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1667

This discussion has been closed.