Why I think 1P8 is worse than 1P7

Options
kngspook
kngspook
Community Member

In a previous thread, one of the support folks said that they were unaware of any issues with 1P8, so I wanted to list some...room for improvement, shall we say?

1. Even though the app is brighter, with a white background and a more vibrant color palette, it feels like the UI is a bit more compressed than 1P7, giving it a slight feeling of clutter.
  2. While I very much appreciate the multitude of types when creating new entries, the way the list is presented makes it hard sometimes to find the one you're reaching for.
  3. Search has definitely degraded: in the past, searching would filter the list of all items. Now search filters the list down, but only to a limit, and you have to click the last item to get the full list of results.
  4. The lack of property and section reordering -- that's been rehashed endlessly on this forum.
  5. The lack of a Mac App Store version -- also already discussed.
  6. Relating to that, I tried installing 1Password on a Standard user account (I've started separating privileges from user accounts since I've moved into a somewhat higher risk role at work). That doesn't work.
  7. On iOS, for whatever reason, getting a password to be revealed seems more sluggish than it did on 1P7. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think the press-and-hold delay on that context menu is longer.

As much as I've really, really loved 1Password in the past, I just am really having trouble loving 1P8 as much as I did 1P6 and 1P7, and I normally love fresh rewrites of apps...

You guys released 1P8 just as I was setting up a brand new computer, and after trying both out on my old machine, I've reluctantly installed 1P7 on the new machine.

1Password Version: 8-something
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.