Unable to unlock web browsers

sammyh25
sammyh25
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Trying out 1password on the 14 day trial but not getting very far!!!

I have the Windows 11 app downloaded to the PC and it successfully unlocks using Window Hello, however no such luck with either the Chrome or Edge browsers.

When I have "integrate with 1password app" turned on and I click on the browser extension, a window pops up with the unlock button, but nothing happens when I press this. When I turn the integrate option off I then get the pop up window with a password field, but it just spins constantly and nothing happens when I enter the password. I should add it does this regardless of whether I type in the correct password or not!!!

Any help appreciated as currently I think I'll be sticking with Keeper as I can't get past Go with 1password....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rft183
    rft183
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I've used 1Password in the past without any issues. I had decided to come back, but now I can't get the browser plugins to work. It doesn't seem to matter which browser I use either. I've tried it in Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome. The browser integration just isn't working right. I've also tried installing the Beta and Nightly versions of 1Password without success.

• rft183
    rft183
    Community Member

Okay, so I'd already tried restarting the computer several times, including in between reinstalling 1Password and it didn't work. However, I had to leave the computer for a little while, so I restarted it and left it logged off as I was away. When I came back, I tried 1Password again, and it works fine now. Odd. But I'm glad.

• sammyh25
    sammyh25
    Community Member

How bizarre, all working for me too after leaving the PC for an hour!!!

Not sure if something has to go on in the background before the browser extensions work, but like rft183 the PC was restarted twice and it made no difference!!!

This discussion has been closed.