1Password 8 is unreliable

Options
Ronso
Ronso
Community Member

First of all, I would like to say how good I find the look and performance of the new app.
However, what really bugs me is that the app is very unreliable in displaying suggestions/the "open 1Password" icon.
It has gotten a bit better but still there are many situations where activating a username/mailaddress field does not trigger 1Password. Sometimes you just have to try long enough (close app and restart) but that can't be the goal.
Furthermore, it is often the case that the "Open 1password" display is shown, you press back without having selected anything, and when you press the field again, 1Password no longer appears.
In most cases, the only solution is to reload the website or, in the case of an app, to close and restart it.
I don't know if it's the apps or 1Password but version 7 worked much more reliable.
Everything still seems very beta or like a big technical step back.
I can almost live with it myself, since I work in IT and work with weird software all day, but I can't make my wife like it. She is so overwhelmed with these bugs and errors that she often says to me "it was all so much easier before".....
I came from Bitwarden to 1Password and was happy with it. Meanwhile I doubt, if it was the right decission.
I hope that 1Password will be as good as it was one day.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Ronso thank you very much for sharing this feedback. I'm really sorry to hear your experience with 1Password 8 for Android has been mixed so far.

We've heard some similar reports of the inconsistent behavior you're described and are actively investigating. My apologies for the trouble, I know it can be very frustrating when Autofill doesn't work as expected. Are you using Chrome, Brave, Edge or another Chromium based browser? If so, I'd like to ask you to download Firefox and let us know if the filling prompt behavior is more consistent there. With any browser, does the filling prompt consistency change with Show filling suggestion on or off (Setting > Autofill)?

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.