1Password 7 is a breath of fresh air

Options
fongd
fongd
Community Member

I reinstalled 1Password 7 after using 1Password 8 for the last few weeks and the UX is so much better. I don't want to rehash the reasons why 1Password 7 feels so much better than v8 because they've been discussed quite a bit already but I can't help but repeat what others have probably already mentioned:

• The new universal search that takes over from the previous ⌘-\ behaviour is not generally useful to me since I'm usually already sitting at a login prompt when I need my password; universal search lacks specific context and ends up providing me a list of logins most of the time, forcing me to scroll through a sometimes lengthy list of unrelated logins to get to the one I want. With 1Password 7, I generally get the most relevant logins right away when I have multiple logins for a given domain.

• Autosubmit is a terrible UX regression. Since Command-\ now presents UX issues of its own, I tried using the inline 1Password form fill for Safari. Firstly, the dropdown of available logins it creates under a form field can often obscure important parts of the login form with no way to temporarily dismiss it. Secondly, autosubmit breaks CAPTCHA-protected forms.

I had been on the 1Password 8 beta train and I haven't seen any sign of these regressions being addressed. I'm hopeful some of the more egregious UX decisions will be resolved soon but I'll be sticking to 1Password 7 in the meantime.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.