Auto Fill/Touch ID doesn't work for me anymore

Options
janetsvault
janetsvault
Community Member

For the past week or so, 1Password is just not working right for me. If I go to a site and try to log in with the little 1 password symbol, it populates very old passwords. Not all, but most now do this.

For example, I have a MailChimp account. The little one password symbol shows up and it will populate. But it populates with old data. Even if I go to the 1 password extension, or app and select to go the that website and auto populate, I literally watch the password change from a long password to the old short one. I have to go in and copy the password and replace it in order to log in. That is simply not the way it is supposed to work. How in the word is it grabbing a password from over a year ago?

I did update my mac os to Monterey 12.5.1 after this stopped working and it didn't fix the issue at all. I am on 1 password 8.8.0 for mac. I have the chrome extension and it seems to be the most current at 2.3.7.

Again, it has worked like a charm for well over a year and now it is a mess. Any advice on how to fix this?

Comments

• janetsvault
    janetsvault
    Community Member
    Options

So, I've kept searching and searching and it seems that chrome (on multiple devices) was overlapping the 1Password. Makes no sense why after so long, all the sudden some random old passwords were showing up like that. I've trashed those logins and now it seems to be working. Thank you to myself for that question and answer. HA! :)

• Hi @janetsvault,

Glad to see you got it sorted, nice work! 🎉

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future experiencing something similar: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

We recommend disabling your browser's built in password managers entirely to avoid situations like this and any other confusion. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.