1Password login window "dots out" the password

Options
Timothy Arends
Timothy Arends
Community Member

i understand that my 1Password vault has to be stored in an accessible location such as Dropbox so that i can use it on different devices. However, since it is in an accessible location, even though highly encrypted, i decided it would be a good idea to create a longer master password than one i particularly enjoy typing every time i want to use 1Password on my mac. To add to the difficulty of this, 1Password login window "dots out" the password so that i cannot see what i am typing!

I know the intention of this is to make it impossible for someone standing behind me to see my password, but i'm pretty sure there's no one standing behind me and that I have not lost my mind yet. We are a long ways from the days in which everyone had to use public terminals, and i don't use 1Password at the coffee shop or even on a laptop. is there a way to "undot" the password in the login window so i can actually see what the heck i'm typing?

PS I see something in the security pane of preferences but that is apparently inaccessible until I log into 1Password, which brings me back to my original problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.