1P is sending the same (incorrect) username/password to all sites when pressing Command-\

muonzoo
muonzoo
Community Member

For the last few days, when I press Command-\ to 'fill' in a login form, 1P is sending the username and password for a specific site in my vault (which is NOT affiliated NOR does it have a matching URL). This means that I cannot quickly fill in login forms anymore I have to open 1P (the app) and copy and paste fields 1 at a time. If I try Command-\ a second time on a given site (instead of the C&P) it seems to work.
It is always the same (incorrect) site that is being used for the first Command-\ filling.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome 104.0.5112.101
Referrer: forum-search:sending wrong account credentials

Comments

• muonzoo
    muonzoo
    Community Member

(LONG time 1P user - since ~2008. First time I've had to post a question / found a bug.)

• muonzoo
    muonzoo
    Community Member

Any ideas here folks? Still seeing this every single time I use command-\ to fill in Chrome.

• Hi @muonzoo:

Thanks for letting us know about this! This is an issue we've sorted out in our beta and nightly releases: Use 1Password beta releases

After switching to the beta release, find the login that is being filled in 1Password for Mac, then edit it, and remove the Linked App for Google Chrome. This should resolve the behavior, and it should no longer be suggested for all websites. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• ACSpooky
    ACSpooky
    Community Member

I am having this same issue. EVERY TIME if I hit command - \ and I have to unlock 1Password a username and password that is in my vault but has no relationship to the site I'm on (because it happens on EVERY site) is put in.

As @muonzoo indicated, waiting for the ineveitable failure (auto submit...) and then hitting command - \ again populates the form with the correct info.

MacOS 12.5.1
    1 Password for Mac 8.9.4
    Browsers: Safari, DuckDuckGo (desktop, not mobile), Firefox, Opera

• Hi @ACSpooky and @muonzoo:

Thanks for following up. We've resolved the cause of this in 1Password 8.9.4. Items that were linked as a result of this bug need to be edited to remove the Linked App for the relevant browser. Look through the items in your 1Password app for an item that contains a Linked App of the browser that's affected. It will look something like this:

Edit this item, and remove the Linked App. At that point this should no longer occur. Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• ACSpooky
    ACSpooky
    Community Member

I am having this same issue. EVERY TIME if I hit command - \ and I have to unlock 1Password a username and password that is in my vault but has no relationship to the site I'm on (because it happens on EVERY site) is put in.

As @muonzoo indicated, waiting for the ineveitable failure (auto submit...) and then hitting command - \ again populates the form with the correct info.

MacOS 12.5.1
    1 Password for Mac 8.9.4
    Browsers: Safari, DuckDuckGo (desktop, not mobile), Firefox, Opera

• dmurphynj
    dmurphynj
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P!

Is there a way to search and find where I've got Chrome and Safari listed as a Linked App? I have hundreds and hundreds of entries in 1P and need to find the offender(s) that were created, linked to Safari and Chrome. It's really messing with my workflow something fierce.

This discussion has been closed.