Lock icon keeps disappearing from Mac menu bar

Options
kohls
kohls
Community Member

What do I do about the lock icon disappearing from my Mac menu bar? Keep 1Password in the menu bar is checked in 1Password Preferences. Sometimes it's there and sometimes not.
Today I have not seen it at all whether 1Password is open or closed or after restart.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@khols

Are you using an Apple Silicon Mac with a notch? I had another user in the same situation and the menu bar app was there the entire time. He needed to trim down some of the apps that live in his menu bar to get it to show. I use Bartender to reduce some of the load in my menu bar. There are other options available too. It might be that you are in a similar situation.

As a test you can shut down apps in the menu bar and at some point it may reappear. It's likely just hidden.

Here is my menu bar without Bartender. You can see 1Password looks as if it is missing.

If I quit one app you see 1Password returns.

Here is how I typically see my apps with Bartender in use. I have the lower bar set to open as I put the mouse near the macOS menu bar. I have the lower apps set to that specific bar and allow my most used to remain in the top.

I hope my example helps.

This discussion has been closed.