Feature Request: Basic editing features in the "notes" section (bold, italics, numbering, etc.)

Options
derekmegyesi
derekmegyesi
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Lounge

Hi all,

I have been using 1Password for quite some time now and I make heavy use of the "Notes" field. However, it would be nice to have some sort of editing capabilities.

This should be a simple addition and highly desired. Similar to the features of this support ticket, basic functions should include: Bold, Italics, numbering, bullets, etc.

I made a screenmockup (below) to illustrate my idea:

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS Monterey version 12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome 104.0.51112.101

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @derekmegyesi

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this request. We actually do already support many of the functions you're looking for, though we could certainly do a better job of making them more discoverable. We support a subset of the markdown standard. Additional details can be found here:

Format your secure notes with Markdown

I hope that helps!

Ben

• derekmegyesi
    derekmegyesi
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I suppose Markup could work (I haven't tried), but markup knowledge is non-trivial. The average customer who uses 1Password likely would not know markup (or even care too). They simply would expect a toolbar with editing capabilities (similiar to my screenshot above).

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member
    Options

I fully agree, having markup is helpful but only power users will know how to do that. It would be great to have a toolbar of options is much better. Plus if you use markdown in the title of something, on the little text preview if you aren't on the note you see the stars for example if you made the first bit of text a title.

• derekmegyesi
    derekmegyesi
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Indeed. It will likely also given you a competitive advantage over other passwords tools.

This discussion has been closed.