Different categories in 1Password 3 and 1Password 4

Options
Altaveron
Altaveron
Community Member
edited July 2013 in iOS

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add itmes with every available type to category "Records" on MacOS application.
  2. Open iOS application and make synchronization.

Several types of "Records" category will be displayed on "Logins" category. Other types will be displayed as several categories.

Categories and types of categories MUST be the same on MacOS and iOS application. I am sure MacOS version of categories and types is better. And the worst part of the issue is that items from "Records" category on MacOS application are merged with "Logins" category on iOS application. That make data looks as a garbage, please fix it.

Note: The same issue exists with "Bank Account" and "Credit Cards": there is 1 category on MacOS application and 2 on iOS application.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are absolutely correct. It is a bit confusing right now before 1Password 4 for Mac launches and brings "category parity" with 1Password 4 for iOS.

All your data is there, though. I assure you. It is just categorized differently in 1Password 3 for Mac.

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

When will 1Password 4 be available?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

It just entered beta testing so there it no definite time set yet.

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

About 1 month, a half of year, 1 year, 2 years?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't normally pre-announce release dates as too many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. If you sign up for the beta newsletter you'll be one of the first to know all the details as they are made available. :)

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

Just specify what period is usual. 1 year, ten years?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We have already entered beta testing, but it is impossible to say how long the beta testing phase will be. It depends on how good our beta testers are. ;)

We'd love for you to be one of them. The link to sign up is in my post above.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.