1PW7 desktop application configuration for Dropbox syncing "disappeared"

Options
Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member

Today discovered data from Mac OSX 1Password 7 desktop vault was not syncing to iPhone iOS vault via Dropbox. I've figured out a fix, but in case somebody else has the same problem and to provide a heads up to 1PW support, this was my solution. I've been a long time 1PW customer and I've been syncing with Dropbox since the last ice age. Why this problem suddenly occurred, no idea. I had not been mucking around in 1PW's settings in a long time.

1. Confirm total number of items in primary vault
  2. From 1Password 7 desktop app, pressed Command + , (command + plus the comma key) to launch application settings window.
  3. Went to the Backup section, clicked "Backup Now", then clicked "Show Files" to see the back up zip files in Finder. I tagged those zip files to be able to find the files easily in case the next step went pear shaped.
  4. Then again in 1Password 7 desktop's settings window, I selected the Sync section. This section was found to be unconfigured suddenly.
  5. In the "Sync Primary vault with" dropdown selection, I picked Dropbox.
  6. In the Dropbox pathway, I found the .opvault file in Dropbox. My personal pathway is ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault, your vault may be at a different path location.
  7. There is a warning the vault is going to be merged. After configuration with Dropbox, reconfirmed total number of items from step 1 unchanged.
  8. On the iPhone I manually forced a re-sync to pick up the resyncing of the desktop vault with Dropbox. Confirmed the most recent items from desktop vault appeared in 1Password on iPhone. Spot checked recently modified desktop items were also modified in the iPhone app.
  9. If step 8 went pear shaped, I would have restored to the backup files taken in step 3.

If support can check into what might have happened, that would be appreciated. I do plan on migrating to 1PW8, but am waiting until the feature set (specifically saved searches) in the newer application is more in line with 1PW7.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.6 (70906003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.