not offering autofill in Royal Bank app

Options

This was working great with 1password7, but upgraded to 8 on my Pixel3a and it doesn't offer autofill for my Royal Bank app (Canada).

Comments

• Justinlovell
    Justinlovell
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, solution?

• bhuffman
    bhuffman
    Community Member
    Options

I also have the same issue on a Pixel 3 XL.

• Hi @pocketfullofcheese, @Justinlovell, @bhuffman, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. I see the same behavior with the RBC app and it has been reported to the development team.

1Password 8 for Android has implemented new filling logic used on other 1Password platforms. This means that 1Password for Android can now fill more items types, and it prepares us to continue improving and adapting our Autofill service. With this change, there are many apps and websites where filling is newly possible. However, there may be a few apps and websites where the opposite is true as well. I'm sorry to say it looks like RBC is one of them.

Our team here is continuing to optimize filling with 1Password for Android. If you encounter any other apps or websites that don't fill as expected, please let us know. Thanks again!

• pocketfullofcheese
    Options

This is an app I literally use every day. Is there a way for me to downgrade to 1Password7? Or is it possible to run them both side-by-side? This is a huge inconvenience, I'm afraid.

Is there a possibility that this is fixed in the near future? Is there a place where we can track this issue to know when it might be fixed?

• dottiemaggie
    dottiemaggie
    Community Member
    Options

I wish I had known this before I upgraded to 1Password8 ... the RBC app is literally the number one reason I have 1password on my phone.

I echo @pocketfullofcheese 's questions - is there a plan for this to be fixed? Can we know a timeline?

• Hello @pocketfullofcheese, @dottiemaggie, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you as well.

I don't have a timeline to share but this is certainly something we would like to fix. We typically work on filling issues like this in batches and not à la carte. Due to this, the issue numbers don't usually show up in our release notes but it has been filed under #16229.

While I can fully understand the inconvenience, if you'd like to install 1Password 7 side-by-side you can do so with these steps. I'll note that you will need to have previously installed 1Password 7 and have accessed to the Google Play account that was used to do so:
    1. Open Google Play Store app on your Android device.
    1. Tap the account icon in the search bar and select the account used to install 1Password 7.
    1. From the same menu, tap Manage apps and device.
    1. Tap Manage.
    1. Tap the Installed drop down.
    1. Tap Not Installed.
    1. Search for and select 1Password.
    1. Tap Install.

You can switch the Autofill service between 1Password 7 and 8 from the Passwords & accounts or Passwords and autofill settings in your device's settings app. Alternatively you can turn Autofill on in either app.

My apologies for the trouble here, thanks again for your feedback.

• pocketfullofcheese
    Options

Thank you. Installing 7 worked.

Might I encounter similar problems on OSX? Should I hold off upgrading to version 8 there as well?

Do you keep a public bug tracker where I could subscribe to updates on #16229?

• Glad to hear it @pocketfullofcheese. I'm not aware of a desktop RBC app, and from what I've seen 1Password in the browser fills the RBC website as expected. If you do run into any issues, just let us know and I'd be happy to pass that along to the appropriate team.

You can find our 1Password for Android release notes here: https://releases.1password.com/android/ - and our most recent release here: https://releases.1password.com/android/8.9/#whats-new

You can select a release, scroll to the bottom and click Show Issue Numbers to see the associated issue numbers. Thanks again!

• Kevllar
    Kevllar
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like this is still broken. Is there a fix coming for the rbc app?

• Hi @Kevllar, thanks for following up with us. We're continuing to optimize our filling service but I do not have any updates to share at this time regarding the RBC app specifically.

This discussion has been closed.