Cannot attach photo taken from within 1Password, and cannot contact support on entry save error

Options
eeee
eeee
Community Member

When I create/edit a document or some other entry and add a file to it, and then I choose to take a photo, it takes me to my camera. I take a photo and then a file called .png (so no name, just the extension) is attached to the entry being created/edited. When I press save, the entry cannot be saved and I get the option to contact support (which seems to do nothing). Hence this post, about these two issues.

I'm on Android 12, on a Nothing Phone (1) running Nothing OS 1.1.3 and I use 1Password for Android 8.9.3.

Comments

• Hello @eeee I'm sorry to hear about the trouble saving a photo and contacting us.

I haven't been able to reproduce this error with the devices I have on hand. I'd like to ask you to screenshot the error that pops up and attach it to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

To take a screenshot in 1Password 8 for Android you can open and unlock 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Show debugging tools > Allow screenshots. Please use an empty item or remove any personal information from the screenshot before emailing us.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• eeee
    eeee
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue after first experiencing it; it's resolved now.
    It might be worth trying to reproduce this (I won't try, I'll leave that up to your devs) with a new device, where the camera hasn't been setup yet. Maybe there are some permission prompts (either in 1Password, in the camera app or elsewhere in the Android OS) that interfere in the process of taking a picture.

Or just try to detect the case where a nameless picture file is added, which indicates that the picture maybe doesn't exist, or that the filename simply isn't known. And handle that case gracefully. Possible a restart of 1Password, the camera app, or the device fixes the issue?

Good luck bug hunting, though I understand that this probably has low priority, since it resolved itself and I'm maybe the only person who experienced this.

• Hi @eeee, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it has been resolved on your device. I definitely think this is worth looking into and, as you suggested, I've passed it along to the development team for further inquiry.

If there's anything else we can help with at this time, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.