1Password on New Device

Options
lerbi
lerbi
Community Member

I am trying to open 1PW on a new device (M1 iMac). Following 1PW instructions for doing this, I used my Secret Key as the password and was told that it was not correct. I re-entered it several times and it IS correct. Trying again, but using my Master Password, I get the same message. I also have 1PW on an M1 MacBook Air and have no problem opening it on that device. I contacted 1PW support via email yesterday and didn't even receive the courtesy of a response (other than automated). FWIW, I also posted a similar message in this forum yesterday and received no response. What do I need to do to be able to open 1PW on my new device? Is this some type of issue with 1PW v. 8? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall on my new device? Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Mac OS 125.1.
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @lerbi:

Thanks for reaching out. As you can imagine, we're a bit busier than we usually are, and I appreciate your patience. To take a closer look at what may be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to your existing email conversation you have with us. We'll take a look and respond to you there.

Jack

ref: ZWS-42317-872

• lerbi
    lerbi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I did create a diagnostics report, but the automated response that I received yesterday was from "1Password Billing Support". This is not a billing issue. Is that really where I should be sending my diagnostics report? I'll wait for your reply.

And Jack, FWIW, no response to an email request for support in more that 24 hours is (or should be) completely unacceptable to 1PW management. It certainly is to me.

Herb Smith

• Hi @lerbi:

Your email conversation is with our Mac team currently, so attaching your diagnostics report in a reply there will get it to the right place.

I'll share your feedback about response times with the team.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.