Unlocking Safari 1Password extension every time?

Options

Every time I launch Safari I have to enter my master password to unlock and use the 1Password extension. The "Automatically lock 1Password" setting is turned off.

Is there a better way?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• KentTuransky
    KentTuransky
    Community Member
    Options

FYI - When I updated to the latest version this problem was solved.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

The problem seems to be back with 1Password for Safari 2.4.1 unfortunately :-\

Corentin

• KentTuransky
    KentTuransky
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. I'm not having that issue. Attached is a screenshot of the Safari and 1Password versions I'm using.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder why it's different in my case then… And it doesn't look like I'm the only one affected since I found another thread that seems to describe something similar.

Corentin

• KentTuransky
    KentTuransky
    Community Member
    Options

Are you running macOS Ventura 13.0.1?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed.

Corentin

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

I just checked on a Monterey Mac and I had the same issue there. I'm trying to figure out whether there might be something that triggers the issue, but on my Ventura Mac at least I was still actively using it and it locked itself up after only 5 minutes, right under my eyes.

Corentin

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Corentin, I reached out to you in another thread to help with the extension issues you've written about. Let's keep the convo in that thread to avoid any confusion. I'm happy to help from there.

This discussion has been closed.