There is no edit option for a login so I can delete it

Options
donnahampton
donnahampton
Community Member

I have two entries for Amazon, with different passwords. There is no option to edit/delete one of the Amazon entries.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:no edit for a login

Comments

• Hello @donnahampton

As I understand it, you are looking for an edit/delete option regarding the two amazon items you have created. Is this correct?

If so, to edit either of the Amazon items, follow the example displayed in the GIF here:

To delete either Amazon item, follow the example displayed in the GIF here:

Let me know if this has been helpful at all, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Jermaine

• donnahampton
    donnahampton
    Community Member
    Options

Jermaine,

Thanks for the example. But the issue is that there is no Edit button in my account!
    And I'm stumped as to why when I sign into Gmail, I get an invalid password even when selecting the 1Password option that I previously established; when I type in the password get the same invalid error. Same for Amazon.

• Hello @Donnahampton,

Thanks for your reply and sending along this screenshot. It appears you are using 1Password.com versus the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app. When using 1Password.com, the Edit button is located in the lower right hand side of the item detail pane:

If you don't already have 1Password 8 for Windows installed, you can find it by following that link.

Get to know 1Password for Windows

And I'm stumped as to why when I sign into Gmail, I get an invalid password even when selecting the 1Password option that I previously established; when I type in the password get the same invalid error. Same for Amazon.

If you have a single Gmail login item and updated the password in 1Password, you may not have updated the in the Gmail account. Using 1Password.com you can select Show Previously Used Password to see those past passwords to sign in and update to the newly used passed:

In the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app, you can find the password history by clicking the down arrow in the password field and selecting View password history:

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.