Feature request: conceal additional fields

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

I think there are many minor little oversights in 1Password design, even though as a whole the dev team has worked incredibly hard to modernize the interface. Rather than try to make mention of them all, I’d like to focus on one specific area for this discussion. Bank accounts have a built in design template, which includes fields such as routing and account numbers. I’m not sure why the developers feel that password fields are the only ones that should provide a security measure to hide/reveal field information. I don’t like the fact that peering eyes can glance over my shoulder to see revealed account numbers. I know I can create a custom password field and call it the account number field, but to have to deviate and alter the natural workflow every time this comes up is a pain. 1Password is a security app, built to help you keep your passwords unique and private, but it’s also a vault for other stuff that needs to be kept private. Each field should possess the ability to be concealed, or at least certain fields should. The response I typically hear to something like this, is that not everyone wants those fields concealed, and to that I say, fine. However, I’m sure there are enough users who would like the ability to conceal this information. In that sense, there should be certain user customizable controls in settings, such as conceal/reveal account number fields by default. This type of stuff never gets addressed, no matter the 1Password version, and this is #8 already. Until it does, it can’t be considered a top flight app.

This discussion has been closed.