Credit Card wrinkle

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member

I thought I had posted this but I cannot find it. My apologies if it out there somewhere on the Forum.

On Sunday I had a senior moment when trying to settle a restaurant bill and could not remember my PIN. No problem, I thought, it is easy to look up in 1P. Wrong as I now have 1P8. I opened it in my iPhone and was immediately confronted with my Favorites but I needed my Credit Card Category. I hit the icon next to Home which took me to a heading called Items where my Vaults were listed and a set of Tags but no categories and no obvious way to find them. In desperation I hit the vault where my data is and I found a drop down list headed All Categories. Why I had to go into my vault when from the outset my Favorites from that same Vault were showing is a mystery. I selected my Credit Card Category and found a list of my credit cards- Phew!! My troubles were over. Wrong again. I open the record of the credit card I was using a scrolled down to PIN and pressed it. All that did was copy my Pin to the clipboard which, in an iPhone, cannot be easily displayed if you are a Microsoft Exchange user. So near and yet so far. Where is Copy, Reveal, Show in large Type etc?? I gave up and tried to settle my bill by remembering my PIN. Three failures and I was told by the restaurant manager that my card would probably now be blocked. Luckily it was not so and on the fourth attempt got it right.
Why Dave Teare and his normally excellent engineers have made life so difficult in 1P8 is another mystery. 1P7 was excellent, intuitive and pretty simple. 1P8 is none of that, especially in IOS. I run it Windows and well as on an iPhone and an iPad. The windows version is seriously flawed but is still better than than what I find on iPhone and iPad. I haven’t a MAC so do not know if the behaviour is better there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.