Auto-fill options are too dim to read

Options
PassUserTechGuy
PassUserTechGuy
Community Member

Using android on a Samsung Note10. When I have multiple accounts for a website and 1Password shows the accounts to choose from, the account name is so dim I can't read it on my phone. I tried both Chrome and Firefox, and tried turning off my DarkReader plugin, but it made no difference. I looked in all the options but there are no graphic options I can find to fix this. See screenshot.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• PassUserTechGuy
    PassUserTechGuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

After looking into this more I realize that this is coming from the keyboard dark theme setting in android. The only way to fix it is to turn off the dark theme on the keyboard. So is this even under the control of 1Password?

• Hi @PassUserTechGuy, thanks for following up here.

I did some testing and it looks like this might be caused by keyboard specific theming but I wasn't able to reproduce your results exactly. If you set your keyboard to match the system's theme and set your system's theme to dark mode does the email display in lighter text or the dark text shown in your screenshot? I'd also like to ask what version of Android your device is running.

To illustrate, in the top image, my keyboard is set to match the system which has been set to dark mode. In the bottom image, the system is set to light mode and the keyboard is set to dark mode. In both images, note the magnifying glass.

• PassUserTechGuy
    PassUserTechGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response and the great suggestion. Unfortunately I can't choose dark mode on my android because dark mode is disabled when using themes. I can fix it by choosing light mode on the keyboard config itself, but then my keyboard is too white. LOL I think I'll just live with it.

• Thanks for following up with me @PassUserTechGuy. I'm sorry to hear that won't work with your device. As suggested we may not be able to fix this from our end but I've let passed it along to the team in case that hunch is off. If there's anything else I can help with, just let me know! Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.