How do I change the profile icon for my account?

Options
daneel
daneel
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Windows

I'm referring to what's displayed here:

I've taken a good look around in the account and in my account/profile settings online. Consulting your online help doesn't offer any solutions as it refers to menu options that aren't available or visible when I login to my profile.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @daneel, thanks for reaching out!

To change your user avatar, you can sign in and go to https://start.1password.com/profile, then click "Edit Details" in the top-left corner. Click the 🔽 down arrow on the user avatar and choose another, or click the + plus icon to upload your own.

Let me know how that goes or if you previously encountered issues with these steps specifically. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ali

• AliH1P
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey @daneel, our team is currently investigating an issue with changing profile icons. That would likely explain the issue you encountered when following the steps initially. We appreciate your patience as we work on this!

Ali

ref: dev/b5/b5#17683

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @AliH1P, I'll wait to hear from you then

• Hey @daneel, our team has resolved this issue so you should be able to change your profile picture now 👍

Ali

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member
    Options

@AliH1P your instructions work if changing the icon in 1Password for web. The icon change for the web does not migrate to the iOS application and there appears to be no way to change the mobile app profile icon. Any thoughts?

• Hi @DATElliott:

Changing your 1Password profile picture on the web should change it everywhere. If that isn't what you're seeing, let me know, and we can take a closer look.

Jack

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P, this is true if you change the icon. If you don't modify the icon at least once, it remains your initials on the web and a generic person icon on the iOS app. Once I changed the icon (for the first time on the web), it flowed through. Thanks! (P.S. the generic icon is that which is shown in "daneel"s original post above.)

• Hi @DATElliott:

The 1Password app and my.1Password.com use different default account photos. Once it's changed on the web, that will reflect everywhere. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P. It worked exactly as you described. Thanks again!

• Thanks for letting us know that Jack's solution met your needs, @DATElliott!

This discussion has been closed.