How do I stop 1Password from automatically show field suggestions?

Each time I enter a form field 1Password shows me fill options. There used to be a way to prevent that but I cannot find it now. My preference in a browser or iOS is to click on the 1Password icon to bring those up.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I stop 1Password from automatically show field suggestions?

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mskopel! If the inline menu pops up in a place where it should not (such as via a field that you'd not fill), please let us know about it so we can report the issue to our developers.

That said, if the inline menu shows up correctly but interferes with your normal workflow, it can be dismissed with the following actions:

• Press ESC on your keyboard.
    • Click on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field.
    • Click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off.

If you'd like to take things a step further and prevent the inline menu from automatically appearing on all sites in your browser, this can be done with the following:

1. Right-click the extension's icon on the top right corner of the browser and select Settings.
    2. Go to Autofill and turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option there.

I do want to clarify that turning off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" does not completely remove the inline menu function. It just keeps the inline menu from automatically appearing in the field. If you wish to use the inline menu, you can click on the 1Password icon to invoke it. Then you can click on the suggestion from 1Password to fill it. Here's how it would work: https://cln.sh/nexyDD

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.