Create identity from already filled out web form

As I understand it, the recommended way to autofill a non-login form (example: https://www.blueshieldca.com/memberwebapp/covid) is to create an identity with customized fields. However, I'm finding it to be painful to go through and create each customized field name and field value manually.

The workflow I'm seeking is:
1. Go to a web form I've never been to before.
2. Fill out the form on said website.
3. Decide that it'd be useful to not repeat all the work I've done to fill out the form.
4. Use 1Password to "create identity from currently filled out web form" that creates a new identity pre-populated with all the field names and values on the current form.

Is there a way to do that currently? Right now, after step 3, I have to type the field names AND re-type the field values into a 1Password identity. Something similar to "Save Login" would do the job, I think.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wpchen! I'm afraid that there is not a way to save an Identity with the workflow you've described. However, I can see why your workflow would be more convenient, and I have created a feature request for it. Hopefully our developers will look into making it easier to save Identities in the future.

I'm sorry that I do not have better news but I hope this at least clarifies the current process. Let me know if you have any other questions.

IDEA-I-1883

This discussion has been closed.