1Password 8 iOS autofill suggesting saved passwords rather than saved logins

Options
noktulo
noktulo
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

For a lot of my accounts, there will be some autosaved password in 1Password from several years ago, and then the saved login which is more current. When I used iOS autofill with 1Password 7, it would always suggest the saved login. In 1Password 8, often it suggests the saved password, which autofills the password and then fills out the username as something like "Jun 8, 2021 at 1:52 AM". If I click the key icon I can see the full list of suggestions so I can choose the login, but it's an extra step.

I'm hoping that 1Password 8 can be updated so that it will always prioritize suggesting a full saved login, rather than a saved password.

I am on the iOS 16 beta so I don't know if this an issue with the beta.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.0 public beta 20A5358a
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @noktulo:

Thanks for letting us know about this! This is actually something we're aware of, and hopefully should be fixed up soon.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16226

• noktulo
    noktulo
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome!

• Gord_O
    Gord_O
    Community Member
    Options

I was looking for an answer to the same issue and found this post.

Is another solution to delete those old password entries?

On IOS 15.6.1

• Hi @Gord_O:

Yes, deleting those password entries if they're not being used anymore should also improve your state of play.

@noktulo:

You're very welcome!

Jack

• Gord_O
    Gord_O
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Thank you!

• mbklein
    mbklein
    Community Member
    Options

I’m still having this issue. I don’t want 1Password to suggest items from the Passwords section when I’m logging in, only the Logins section. This was the behavior before I upgraded to 1Password 8. I don’t want to have to delete items from the Passwords section to make this happen.

If nothing else, the extension should prioritize Logins over Passwords. That is not happening.

This discussion has been closed.