What happens when both the browser and the app suggest different strong passwords?

TomInNC
TomInNC
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I've just started with 1PW and have loaded about 110 ID/password combos. Every now and then I'm having to create an updated password for a website. It looks like both my iPad and or Safari AND 1 password are suggesting at least 2 different "secure" passwords. I'm not sure which is coming from which, and so far at least once I've updated the password but it didn't get recorded in the 1PW app, which sort of defeats the purpose. I'm attaching a screen shot from one such situation. What's the best way to create (rather than have me dream up) a secure password that gets stored in the app?!

1Password Version: Latest!
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Safsri
Referrer: forum-search:What happens when both the browser and the app suggest different strong passwords?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2022

@TomInNC

I've removed your screenshot as it contained your personal information.

You have both the iOS' iCloud Keychain enabled as well as the 1Password Safari extentions.

The items below pointed to by the red arrows are from having iCloud Keychain enabled for auto-filling. It shows an inline suggestion.

Whereas the blue arrows point to 1Password for Safari extension. It shows the pop-up suggested password, and the 1Password icon is what you can use to reveal / conceal suggestions for a given form field.

See Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad for more info and how to configure 1Password to avoid this confusion.

• TomInNC
    TomInNC
    Community Member

Thanks; sorry about the sloppy screenshot. Since I didn't go for either password I thought it might be safe, but that was dumb. Now that I've turned off icloud keychain and it's behaving more predictably.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@TomInNC ,

It’s all good, just wanted to be sure your data stayed yours!

• Thanks @MrC

@TomInNC

Sounds like MrC was able to help with your question. Please let us know if you have others.

This discussion has been closed.