Android not showing starred items first with chrome integration

patrick_ny
patrick_ny
Community Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 with 1Password 8.9.3. I use the Chrome browser on my phone. 1Password does not suggest the Starred items first when showing available logins above the virtual keyboard in my browser. I can scroll the suggestions from left to right, but the starred item can only be found by going to the last item 'Open 1Password'. It would be so much quicker and better if it can list the starred (or most-used) logins first. Possible to change the UI so starred accounts will be suggested first?

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:android starred

Comments

• Hello @patrick_ny, thanks for your question! The order of filling suggestions you've described is expected behavior and there is currently not an option to set favorites first. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I think this is a great idea and I've shared your feedback with the team.

Thanks again, and let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

ref: IDEA-I-1126

• P1h3r1e3d13
    P1h3r1e3d13
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy & 1Password folks. This seems like such an obvious and hopefully easy win for usability. It's what stars do in the browser and desktop apps. Without it, stars are pretty pointless on mobile, and I have to resort to workarounds like renaming items to make them reasonably visible. I hope you can prioritize sorting starred items first on mobile (in the pop-up and keyboard menus).

• patrick_ny
    patrick_ny
    Community Member

Wow, it's been a while since I posted this. Thanks for chiming in! I hope this happens...

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023

Hey @P1h3r1e3d13 and @patrick_ny, thanks for sharing your interest. I definitely agree this would be a very useful feature that I would love to see myself! I've passed your feedback along to our product team for consideration.

ref: PB-30799391

This discussion has been closed.