1 Password for Safari won't work anymore or even install

1PW for Safari, which I think once worked, is not showing up in password fields on Safari on my MacBook Air. I do have 1PW for Safari in my applications folder but the extension does not show up in Safari preferences / extensions. I tried deleting the 1PW for Safari app, then re-installing it. Nothing changed. It downloads from the App Store, installs in my Applications, but doesn't install in Safari -- or something like that. All 1PW for Safari does is show me a little popup that tells me to install the extension, but when I go to extensions, it's not there to install. How do I get this working?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password for Safari does not work or even show in my extensions

Comments

• Hi @garyaustin:

Thanks for letting us know about this. If you quit Safari completely, then open 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, then re-open Safari, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• garyaustin
    garyaustin
    Community Member

Thanks. I just came here to post that I had done that and, so far, it works. I just found it in a review of the extension in the Mac App Store. Main 1PW app > help > troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension. When I hit that, Safari showed me a button to install the extension and on the Safari > preferences > extensions page, I found it on the left, clicked it, and gave approval for all websites on the full page that opened on the right. Thanks to you and thanks to whomever posted that review that included this solution. Hope it keeps working.

• Hi @garyaustin:

I'm glad to hear that sorted things out for you. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.