1pwd doesn't allow changing of order of fields anymore in v8

m_w
m_w
Community Member

You are no longer able to change the order of fields in 1pwd v8 - this used to work in v7 - please fix this

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1pwd doesn't allow changing of order of fields anymore in v8

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022

@m_w

The feature is not present in version 8 at this time. Hopefully, this is something we can get into all of our hands. Thanks for letting us know this is something that's important to your workflow.

ref: IDEA-I-372

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

I and others seem to find more and more missing features in v8; do you have a list of features that were present in v7 but are not present in v8?

so far, I'm aware of these missing features

• see item count in sidebar
    • change order of data items
    • edit item in item separate window
    • set default vault for saving
    • delete items directly from list of search results
    • edit search field after initial search
    • switch between searches in titles or everything
  • robsilve
    robsilve
    Community Member

I would also like to request that you bring back the ability to change the order of the fields. I think this is an essential feature.

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member

Better still, withdraw V8 and get everyone back to the same, working, satisfactory baseline. Then find a new development crew and start V8 from Vy!!

• garytlvin
    garytlvin
    Community Member

I agree with robsilve!

• Thanks garytlvin

I'll pass along your feedback.

• annep
    annep
    Community Member

I have the same issue, need to reorder fields in items. Feature was very handy in v7. I'm now on 8.9.10 for MacOS.

• @annep

Thank you for the feedback, I've let the team know that you're looking forward to seeing this feature return. 🙂

-Dave

• johnperry
    johnperry
    Community Member

I would just like to add my voice. Please re-instate the ability to change the order of fields and sections

• FrankGtech
    FrankGtech
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@ag_tommy @Dave_1P
    I'm adding my vote the ability for re-ordering fields.
    For this reason along, I'm told my extended family of 1Pwd users to stay on Mac v7.

And the lack of a default vault on iOS/iPadOS has only increased my resistance to adopting 1Pwd 8.

I really value 1Password and appreciate the features and evolution - but 1Password 8's missing features has been a huge challenge and disappointment.

In addition, please review and fix @m_w 's list of missing features, which I also miss and value.

thanks, frank

• Hi @johnperry and @FrankGtech, thanks for your comments here. I have added votes for the ability to re-order fields per your request, and we're looking forward to bringing that feature to you in 1Password 8. Thank you for the feedback!

I'll review @m_w's list and follow up there as well. 👍

And @FrankGtech I'm happy to share that the default vault feature is something we've been working on bringing to all platforms. Our team will be happy to share more news on this as soon as we can!

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience, folks. It helps for us to know what aspects of the app are working well for you, as well as what you feel we should do to make the app the best it can be.

2023 is going to be an exciting year, and we're looking forward to shipping many improvements and new features your way. More to come soon! 😃

ref: IDEA-I-372

This discussion has been closed.