Bug: editing order of items is broken

greg5
greg5
Community Member

Using the native version on macOS prior to version 8 one could change the order of items in a section. This no longer works.

I had previously submitted a request that we be able to reorder the sections (and that you quit yelling at us, forcing the section title to all upper case letters). Your response to a customer request is, instead of enhancing the feature you have removed it entirely. Your designers are a bug.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @greg5:

Thanks for following up. While I can't promise anything specifically, field reordering is on our roadmap.

As for the capitalization of section titles, I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-372

• greg5
    greg5
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P

Super odd about section titles.
    1. Edit a section title to: "Section Title"
    2. Save
    3. Title is changed to "SECTION TITLE"
    4. Click edit button again

Expected: section title in edit mode stays "SECTION TITLE"
    Actual: in edit mode, section title is as I originally entered it: "Section Title"

I can't decide if this is even more insulting or a relief because you actually have the correct data and just need to change the line of display code that forces upper case. Well, in any even, it is a bit humorous.

• Hi @greg5:

Thanks for your additional feedback. As it currently stands, we capitalize section titles when displayed, but as I mentioned above, I've shared your thoughts with the team.

Jack

• metta
    metta
    Community Member

Field reordering is in your roadmap... sorry but what BS. Was there any logic to dropping it in the first place?

• memeLab
    memeLab
    Community Member

+1

Was there any logic to dropping it in the first place?

IIUC, the desktop app was completely rewritten using Electron

Ultimately we made the painful decision to stop work on the SwiftUI Mac app and focus our SwiftUI efforts on iOS, allowing the Electron app to cover all of our supported Mac operating systems.

https://blog.1password.com/1password-8-the-story-so-far/

This discussion has been closed.