1P7 feature: Always Open To..(vault)

Options
Sal160
Sal160
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

It there a way in 1P8 to select and only view the vault the user prefers just like the 1P7 feature: Always Open To..(vault). One of my chief complaints and the single reason why my family deleted 1P8 is the duplicate cards or items. Everything that use to reside in the shared vault, is now showing along with the same cards or items residing in the Private vaults. It makes absolutely NO sense. Others had complained, and I have not seen anything further about the matter. Not having that 1P7 feature in 1P8, makes it very, very cluttered and difficult to navigate!

Please fix!

Comments

• Hey @Sal160

There's no "always open to" setting in 1Password 8, because it'll always open to the last screen you were using. With that in mind, you might want to try using a Collection to limit the vaults that are visible:

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

A collection can contain just one vault if you want. That would mean that the Home, Items, Search, and Watchtower tabs would only ever use the contents of that collection. For example, I have quite a few accounts and vaults on my iPhone, so using an "Everyday" collection in my case means I can limit what I'm looking at to just the things I regularly use.

You would have to manually tap the account and collection picker (the icon in the top-left corner of 1Password) to change out of that collection, so it'll keep you in that vault specifically unless you choose otherwise. Hope that helps!

— Grey

• Sal160
    Sal160
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try that feature. I hope 1P listens and reiterate the 1P7 function of “always open to”. It’s a cleaner presentation than creating another filter, category or else called collections.

Appreciated,
    Sal

This discussion has been closed.