1Password autofill doesn't work on iPhone apps. How do I activate it?

Options
jadwight0717
jadwight0717
Community Member

On my iPhone, when I upgraded to 1Password I lost the autofill functionality. Now I have to manually copy and paste, moving back and forth from 1Password to the app. How do I activate autofill?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password autofill doesn't work on iPhone apps. How do I activate it?

Comments

• melisboa
    melisboa
    Community Member
    Options

On your iPhone
    Settings > Passwords > Password Options

Make sure AutoFill Passwords is selected and choose the correct version of 1Password.

That worked for me.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip @melisboa - I had the same issue probably caused by removing the old 1Password 7 from my phone but now it works again.

• Hi @m_w, I'm glad to hear those steps worked for you.

@jadwight0717, did the steps @melisboa shared work for you as well? Let me know!

Jack

• jadwight0717
    jadwight0717
    Community Member
    Options

yes. Thank you

• @jadwight0717

I'm happy to hear that AutoFill is now working for you as well. 🙂

• ourfamily
    ourfamily
    Community Member
    Options

I wish auto full worked with Brave browser on my iPhone. When I log into 1P8, the browser will autofill, AFTER I log in while in the browser.
    I can work around by copying and pasting.
    I dislike this app and desktop version.

• @ourfamily

Do you see the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard in other apps? If you don't, make sure you turn on autofill by following the steps listed above.

If you do see the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard in other apps, but not Brave, that's unfortunately not something that 1Password or Apple could do anything about to resolve – autofill needs to be supported by each app. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

• ourfamily
    ourfamily
    Community Member
    Options

GreyM1P, I have had 1PW8 installed and the Settings/Password/Password Options had the Green Checkmark. I tried it for Safari to see if it was because the Brave browser was not supported--same result. I either have to cut & paste from the 1PW8 app I just signed into, or sign into 1PW8 again in the browser to get it to function. I have to think about it, but cutting and pasting seems faster than typing our password again.
    It used to autofill just fine in 1PW7, plus I had a PIN code I could choose to make it easier for me.

This discussion has been closed.