1Password pop-up suggestions

chale
chale
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am using 1PW 8.9.4 and am seeing unusual fill in choices in safari in inappropriate places. Sometimes I will see have a text box I have to fill out or a simple email address box and 1PW will try to fill it in with one of 8-9 options that are incorrect. The 8-9 options that pop up are always the same. I looked in 1PW to see if there is a connection to that website to something I have saved in 1PW and there is not. If I turn off 1PW extension in Safari then this does not happen.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @chale,

Sorry to hear the 1Password Safari browser extension isn't behaving as expected. Thanks for including those details about the items not having incorrect websites, I'd like to ask you to also check if they have any Linked Apps:

If so, I recommend removing those and seeing if this behaviour continues. If so, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

This will help us better understand what you're seeing and find a resolution. Be careful not to include any private information as these threads are public. Looking forward to your response! 🙂

• chale
    chale
    Community Member

This has happened 5 times yesterday. I saved screenshots for examples. Can you please contact me so I can privately share?

• Hey @chale,

I wonder if the suggestions you are seeing may be coming from email addresses you have saved within Identity items in your 1Password.

Could you attach the screenshots to an email and send it to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• chale
    chale
    Community Member

MGU-87171-213

This discussion has been closed.