1Password for Safari launch on startup?

I have 1Password set to launch at startup. The question is whether I should have 1Password for Safari set to launch at startup. Apparently I need to, but I don't see why, it's a browser extension after all. I had it set to launch at startup, but of course I never use it as an application. It just adds one more item to the already too many I have in the App Switcher. If I don't launch it at startup I have to enter my password in the extension to use it. I can't use Touch ID, even though I just used Touch ID at startup to open 1Password. I still have to manually enter my 1P password for the extension, unless I have it set to launch at startup. Is there any way to simplify this? After I verify 1P for the Mac with my fingerprint, couldn't the browser extension/s accept that without a separate app launch or a manually entering password?

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 80906011
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 13b7
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Safari launch on startup?

Comments

• Hey @TomWolsky

You don't need to have "1Password for Safari" run at startup – it just needs to be present in the Applications folder and turned on in Safari Preferences for it to work. As long as those two things are done, you should be all sorted.

1Password for Safari should lock and unlock along with the main 1Password app, so if that's not happening, something's up. Have you tried a different browser to see if that's the same situation? For example, try Chrome with our Chrome extension and see what happens there. If that unlocks automatically after you unlock the main 1Password app, then it might be worth uninstalling 1Password for Safari and reinstalling it to see if that helps.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

— Grey

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Gary. I’ll try Firefox. Can’t install Chrome keystone daemons.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Sorry Grey.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I tried it on a new test installation and it is working correctly. 1P for Safari isn’t launching at startup and is running correctly once 1P is opened. Not sure what the original problem is, but I’ll burn that test drive and carry on with the new install. Still running Ventura on test drives only.

• Hey Tom,

How's it going? Thanks for the update. I'll let Grey know you appear to be having better luck.

This discussion has been closed.