Deleting vaults without losing their content

ag0591
ag0591
Community Member

A long time back i copied lots of 1Password entries into various vaults, but I never use them and they have just become visual clutter. I'd like to delete the vaults while preserving their entries – which look as though they ought still to exist elsewhere, but the message that comes up in the delete dialogue seems to imply that the content will disappear with the vault.

1Password Version: 8.9.4 Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Deleting vaults but not their content

Comments

• Hi @ag0591:

Great question. Items are contained in vaults, so if you delete a vault, all the items inside are gone and not recoverable. Your best bet would be to move those items into a vault you're planning on keeping, ensure that everything as is expected in just that vault, then remove the old vaults.

Jack

• ag0591
    ag0591
    Community Member

Many thanks for the helpful response. Clearly I was wise to check first. I guess I'll just decide on one default vault and copy everything there. Once I'm sure the contents are safe I'll remove the unused vaults

• Hi @ag0591, on behalf of Jack, you're welcome! Collections are also an option if you'd like to manage which vaults you use regularly without having to delete them: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Let us know if you have any questions. 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.