Safari extension does not appear to work with the latest version of Safari

Options
tdx5
tdx5
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm having trouble getting the extension to work at all! It does not show up in the extensions window in Safari at all. It did once this morning after a reboot, but after continuous attempts at downloading it and installing it it doesn't install into the browser? It's pretty inconvenience this isn't working is it just because it's the latest version of the browser Version 16.0 (17614.1.25.9.10, 17614) Safari. I'm running the latest version of 1password

1Password Version: 80904044
Extension Version: Version 2.3.7 (20216)
OS Version: Monterey Version 12.6
Browser:_ Version 16.0 (17614.1.25.9.10, 17614)
Referrer: forum-search:Safari extension does not appear to work with the latest version of Safari

Comments

• Hi @tdx5,

Sorry to hear the 1Password browser extension isn't behaving as expected.

I'd like to ask you if you see an app called 1Password for Safari in your devices Applications folder. If not, you can download it here: 1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store

You can then open your Safari Preferences, and under Extensions, make sure 1Password for Safari is the only 1Password item checked:

Afterwards, you can right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar to adjust your browser extension's settings. Otherwise: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, have the extension installed, yet still am forced to click on the icon in the tool bar to autofill (does not auto populate in the l/pw field like it use to)

• tdx5
    tdx5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your response. I managed to get the problem resolved. Is the browser plug-in was not visible in my browsers T toolbar. After a bit of no investigation I went down to troubleshooting on the help menu and went to" if extension doesn't show in your browser. No after clicking that the extension appeared:-) thank you very much for your help it's truly appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.