Incorrect Password in 1PasswordAnywhere

rpetersen
rpetersen
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using the Windows version of 1Password, and just tried using the 1PasswordAnywhere feature through the Dropbox website. When I click on 1Password.html and enter my password, it always says "Incorrect Password" even when I'm sure I've typed it correctly (and I just entered it in 1Password for Windows). I have tried this on two computers with the same result. My 1Password version is 1.0.9.332.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Does your Master Password contain accented or other "unusual" characters? It could be encoding issue in the browser. Do you still have the same problem with a Master Password consisting of only letters, numbers and the symbols shown on a keyboard (i.e. !@#$%^&*()_+-=<>?:"{}|[]\;',./)?

• rpetersen
    rpetersen
    Community Member
    edited July 2013

The master password doesn't have any unusual characters. The keychain file was created with the Windows version, but I've now successfully accessed it with both the Windows and Mac app store versions. I've tried accessing the anywhere feature with Firefox 22.0 (Windows and Mac) and Safari 6.0.5 on the Mac, with the same "Incorrect Password" result.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Just for the sake of troubleshooting, what happens if you change the password to something using only letters and numbers? Does that make a difference once Dropbox has finished syncing? Also, is it possible that you have more than one data folder in your Dropbox account? If so, could you be accessing a different data folder than the one that is active in 1Password for Mac and Windows?

• rpetersen
    rpetersen
    Community Member

I don't know what happened, but it's working now. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Please keep me posted if you have any further trouble at all.

This discussion has been closed.