Vault view preferences

pammmm56
pammmm56
Community Member

I was looking for "how to set the vault I want to open and save to" in the forum. I used to find a preference which allowed me to set the Vault I want opened when I open 1Password and also want to save only to that vault. The preference is gone. I don't want to save to any other Vault. I don't really want to see any other Vault. I just need to save to ONE VAULT and it isn't PERSONAL. It is a vault my whole family uses. Please help.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @pammmm56

The best way to do this would be to make a Collection containing only the vault you want to see.

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Then, when that collection is active, you'll only see the contents of that vault, and any new items will be saved there by default. You can still choose to save to another vault if you want.

You can switch between accounts and collections using the chooser in the top-left corner of the window, or by pressing the ⌘ Command key and a number.

Similar to you, I have vaults that I have access to, but no use for day-to-day, so I made an "Everyday" collection which has just the things I use most of the time. Everything else is there if I want it.

Let me know how you get on with that, and if you need any other help with it, let me know. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.