TouchID stopped working since iOS16 [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Options
124»

Comments

• albertvanderiet
    albertvanderiet
    Community Member
    Options

Nice, thanks!

• meshull457
    meshull457
    Community Member
    Options

What is taking so long to fix the Touch ID problem? Perhaps you could get help from Va Tech since your software engineers can’t seem to solve the problem!

• wildfluss
    wildfluss
    Community Member
    Options

Still does not work. MONTHS since the issue opened. Clearly 620 M series C does not help. Touch ID is THE most important feature for this software and its broken.
    This makes me switch away from this software.

• kvozel
    kvozel
    Community Member
    Options

Sure glad I found this thread and now know it is not just me.

iPair Air 5
    iOS 16.3

Please get this fixed! The alternative is a different product 😢

• garpofnyc
    garpofnyc
    Community Member
    Options

TouchID is grayed out in settings and a password is required every time I open 1Password. How can I get TouchID to work again?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16.3
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:TouchID

• garpofnyc
    garpofnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Im embarrassed to admit that I had neglected to enable TouchID in iOS after updating and resetting my iPad.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

1Password Approved Answer

Hello folks,

I have some very happy news to share: we've released a new update which fixes an issue with using Touch ID to unlock 1Password on the iPhone and iPad. You can find complete release notes about version 8.10.0 on our website: 1Password Releases

Your iPhone or iPad will update 1Password automatically if automatic updates are turned on; otherwise, open the App Store app to download the latest version.

If you still have trouble using Touch ID to unlock 1Password after updating then please let us know by creating a new thread so that we can investigate further.

Thank you for everyone's patience and to everyone who sent in a diagnostics report to help our developers track down and resolve the issue. I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue caused and for the delay in getting a fix out to everyone. This is our biggest iOS update ever and includes not only bug fixes but new features like reordering fields and sections in items, the ability to set a default vault for saved items, and improved search. Read about these and more upcoming features on our blog! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.