Autofill does not work in apps

Options
denniscelen
denniscelen
Community Member

Autofill does not work in apps on my pixel 4a and my father's Samsung A50.

This worked under 1password7 not in version 8

Comments

• Hi @denniscelen, I'm sorry to hear filling isn't working as expected for you and your father! I'd be happy to help look into that.

You mentioned Autofill isn't working with apps. Does it work with websites in your browser? I'd also like to ask you to share a few of the apps where filling isn't working with 1Password.

• denniscelen
    denniscelen
    Community Member
    Options

It works everywhere but not in apps. Nog one app. For example, I tried Garmin connect, Strava, komoot or when I want to change my Google password in android. Not 1 app works, I tried some suggestions on that I found on the forum but nothing works.

• denniscelen
    denniscelen
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

@ag_timothy I use 1passeword now almost a year, and was very happy with version 7. now i convinced my dad to try it out. so he has a trial now and the autofill does not work in apps, so he will not use it any more until its fixed. is it possible to pause hit trial or is there a possibility that when it does work he can try it again, because i think this is an issue that won't be solved quickly. this is not good advertisement for 1 password, especially since autofill should work better on version 8 according to advertisement of 1password

• Hi @denniscelen, thanks for following up with me. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you and your father have run into with 1Password.

In regards to your question about pausing subscriptions or trials, reaching out to us directly via email at support@1password.com would be best, as we're unable to discuss account specifics here in public on the Support Community. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. If you've already contacted us via email, lets continue the conversation there.

I tested Garmin Connect, Strava and Komoot with 1Password 8 for Android. Filling in Strava worked as expected. In Garmin Connect, I found that I had to "force" Autofill (long press the email field then tap ⋮ > Autofill) for the Autofill prompts to appear. In Komoot, I did not see any Autofill prompt. Though the same issue seems to be present in Komoot with 1Password 7, I have reported this to the team. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

With Garmin Connect and Strava, I'd like to ask you to check for any updates in the Google Play Store. If updates are available, do you see any change in filling behavior?

Thanks again!

• denniscelen
    denniscelen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there

I will. Sent an email.

Concerning the autofill, can you also go in android to settings - Google - to your account - security - change password

Then you need to fill in your password and then also forcing a fill in does not work.

Dennis

• Thanks @denniscelen. I'm able to reproduce the same when signing into a Google account through the Settings app. I've gone ahead and reported it to the team. When Autofill isn't working as expected you can copy and paste or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, however, sometimes 1Password opens when I click down into the password field and back up to the username for some apps, and in others it's just not appearing anywhere. I wish I could add the app to the entry in 1Password. Is there a way to do that?

• Hi @Wilhelm, thanks for your question.

There are two ways to add Android app links to items with 1Password for Android:
    1. Create an item through the "Open 1Password" prompt when signing in or signing up through the app.
    2. Update an existing item when signing in through the app by tapping "Open 1Password" searching for and selecting your item then tapping Fill & Update Login.

If you see any apps where 1Password consistently does not Autofill, please let us know and we would be happy to pass it along to the team. Thanks again!

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_timothy - will do. :)

• natfunknoodle
    natfunknoodle
    Community Member
    Options

Just upgraded from 1PW 7 to 1PW8 and wish I hadn't. The prompt to autofill the password doesn't work on any apps on my phone. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 8 SM-G950FD with Android version 9 (Baseband version G950FXXUCDUD1) Kernel version 4.4.111-21427293 #1 Mon July 25 8:08:11 KST 2022 Build number PPR1.180610.011.G950FXXUCDVG4

I have tried to uninstall, re-install, use cCleaner, restart, etc. Autofill is turned on and set up in device settings. Nothing works, and this is a massive productivity pain.

Is there a fix?

1Password – Password Manager version 2.4.0 works fine on my browsers on my computer.

But on my phone, absolutely no autofill working. Please help.

• Hi @natfunknoodle, thanks for writing in. I'm really sorry to hear about the filling issue on your S8!

If you've sent an email message to our support team, let's continue the conversation there to avoid duplicating our conversation. If you've sent us a message but haven't received a reply, please let me know! If you haven't emailed in, I'd like to ask you to send a message to support@1password.com so we can help dig into this further. Thanks again!

• natfunknoodle
    natfunknoodle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy thanks for the reply! I did reach out to support and I am just in the process of taking screen videos on my phone of the issues I am having. Thank you so much for answering me. Take care!

• Thanks @natfunknoodle! It's much appreciated.

• David_FR06
    David_FR06
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1P support team,
    I am using Android App 1P 8.9.3 on Xiaomi Mi 9T (Android v 11 RKQ1.200826.002).
    Despite turning background windows on in app properties, autofill does not work.
    Can you please assist ?
    Thanks.
    David.

• DaGingaNinja
    DaGingaNinja
    Community Member
    Options

Ever since the upgrade to 1P 8 the ability to autofill on my Android has been horribly unreliable. The inability to consistently use autofill on apps is what caused me to make the change from LastPass and now here we are with 1Password going through the same thing..

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - Android 12
    1Password - 8.9.3

• Hi @David_FR06, @DaGingaNinja thanks for letting us know you're running into filling issues. I'm very sorry for the trouble.

I'd like to ask you to reach out to us directly via email at support@1password.com so we can help investigate further. Please include a brief description of the issue.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our automated responder, with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. You can post that here so I can help make sure your message gets to the right place. If you've already contacted us via email, lets continue the conversation there. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.