Entering Country is broken

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

While I was editing the Country in an Identity record, I started typing the first two letters, of say Mozambique. The edit field suddenly shifted up above District, and American Samoa becomes the selected item in the pick list. If I then type the third letter "z", the edit field's position shifted yet again. This is repeatable. Type slowly "Mo" and it doesn't occur. Type "mo" slowly, and it does.

Or, enter a single staring letter U. Anguilla appears at the top of the list, and all the countries that contain any "u" are shown next. Add an "n", and Brunei is selected. Clearly when one begins entering a country starting with U, one most likely wants Uruguay or United Arab Emirates or United Kingdom, and in all likelihood, not Anguilla or Austria. But at least in this case, the field doesn't jump.

And sometimes the fields in an address reorder themselves after completion of the country.

You're resorting and reordering the fields in an address in a seemingly random way, and its highly confusing.

Clearly some work needs to be done here.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Additional issues (as I'm trying to discover why adding addresses via the converter get botched country values upon import).

Here's an address I'm trying to enter. As I'm entering the country, the fields re-order themselves leaving me with no clear idea what's going on. The reordering doesn't seem to be following a standard for the country, so it feels random and arbitrary.

I entered the first few address field values, then the country, which immediately pops to the top of the address field list:

Here's Macao's preferred standard address form:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

An additional piece of info:

It appears 1Password is reorganizing the address following your country codes address templates late during edit as soon as the County is entered.

"mo": {
            "FORMAT": "Country\nZIP City\nStreet",
            "PHONETIC_COUNTRY": "Phonetic Macau",
            "State": "State",
            "EDIT_FORMAT": "Country\nZIP City\nStreet",
            "Street": "Street",
            "ZIP": "District",
            "COUNTRY": "Macau",
            "Country": "Country",
            "URL_FORMAT": "Street, City, ZIP, Country",
            "City": "City"
        },

Since the prescribed format is not known until the Country is entered, it seems like the edit template should either:

• avoid layout adjustments during edit, and await until the user leaves the address field
    • require the Country to be input first (don't know how that UI would work)

The during-edit adjustment just feels jarring and confusion, esp. since the sub-field labels are lost once a value is entered. It is very difficult to understand what's happening.

This discussion has been closed.