1Password 8 on Android is truncating my longer Secure Notes

Options
RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

I've been using 1Password 8 with good success on Mac and iPhone / iPad devices. But I ran into a snag running it on a Samsung tablet (Android). It appears that it is truncating Secure Notes that are "long". Fortunately, I was able to notice this in time to grab my iPad, put it into Airplane Mode, fire up 1Password and duplicate the Notes that I had been editing. So no data lost. But if I hadn't noticed (by scrolling to the bottom of one of the notes), seems like thing might have been bad.

But I thought I had heard something about being able to go back and view older versions of items. I did not see a way to do that on my iOS devices, but I found it on the Web access to my vaults just now. So it seems that I did not have to rush to duplicate things on the iPad, but could have recovered the lost data on the Web. That is pretty cool.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secure notes android

Comments

• Hey @RonHeiby

Sorry to hear about that! I'm glad you found how to restore previous versions of items from 1Password.com though, so no data was lost permanently. Could you give me an idea about how long your Secure Note is? If I have a rough idea of both number of characters and lines, I can look to reproduce something here and test that out. Let me know and I'll look into it. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.