iOS update showed up in iTunes on Mac

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
edited July 2013 in iOS

Received update to 1pw last week - I have the app 1pw from the Apple store - an confused as to which update I just received. On my iPhone 4S also have 1pw - can you simply differentiate which is which? I think I deleted the older 1pw from my phone when I purchased the Mac version and 1pw for the iPhone. Help ;)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Which version of 1Password do you have installed on your iOS device(s)? Left, right, middle, or a some combination?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I have the one on the far right on my iPhone!
    2. I used to have one of the others (they both look alike to me, except for the border on the 2nd, - is that the difference between them?) however I think when I purchased the Mac version of 1PW for my iMac - I believe I deleted the previous version that WAS on my phone since I felt it was unnecessary?
    3. That's why I'm confused re. what that update was that flashed across my iMac screen about 2 weeks ago????
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. Great! You are using the current version of 1Password for iOS: version 4. :)
    2. Yep. If you upgraded to 1Password 4 for iOS, there was no need to keep 1Password 3 for iOS installed. You can read slightly more about this in the FAQ.
    3. There hasn't been an update to 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store for a while. However, it's possible you were behind and just updated to the current version. What version of 1Password are you using on your Mac? If you're not sure how to check, you can follow the steps in this support article.
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

am using 3.9.6 on my iMac, I'm pretty good about updating. I don't think that's it - It went so fast, just a quick pop-up that said 1PW update....but didn't see what else it said. Would 1PW 3 still be on my iMac? I don't think so....am going to look for all 1PW to see what I can find in Finder/Library. OK this is what I find: I have 1Password 3.7.2.ipa modified 11/27/12 IOS app. "open with iTunes app" AND I have 1Password 4.2.2.ipa modified 7/13/13, 12:12 pm (this is probably the one I just saw downloading and brought up my question to you). It also shows to open with iTunes app. I'm pretty sure neither of these is on my iPhone...since I did delete the 1PW3 from my phone. Somehow they are still on my iMac - do you agree and should I delete these two as described from my iMac? Am afraid to screw things up.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is possible that an update to 1Password for iOS would show up on your Mac in iTunes. I guess I am just used to always updating my iOS apps directly on my devices rather than downloading the updates to my Mac and then having the additional step of syncing them to my devices.

You shouldn't delete anything, but please let me know if you are actually having any trouble. I would love to help resolve it if you can provide more details. So far it just sounds like you updated 1Password 4 for iOS to the latest version which is a good thing. :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Khad, AFAIK I updated 1PW for iOS directly to the iPhone not the iMac. Seems to me I should delete these other two that show up in my library....since I wouldn't want any additional updates to them which would probably cause me to ask you the same question at a later date....do you think there's any harm in removing them from my iTunes library? They are 1PW 3.7.2.ipa (modified 11/27/12) and 1PW 4.2.2.ipa modified 7/13/12). ??????

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

They are not causing any harm being there. There is no reason to delete them. That said, you can always download them again from the App Store. It is up to you, but I always follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" maxim. ;)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

thx

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.