SSH - 'Agent Refused Operation' when use external monitor and close macbook's screen

Options
GaryZheng
GaryZheng
Community Member

Hi, I recently encountered a problem with SSH - 'Agent Refused Operation' when I trying to use SSH agent to login my server.

Through other discussion I found this log file and found the following message.

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/logs/1Password_rCURRENT.log

INFO  2022-09-21T14:43:29.994 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(128)) [1P:foundation/op-apple/src/biometry_service.rs:287] System biometry info: BiometricStatus { current_policy: WatchOnly, current_method: TouchId, current_availability: Available }
INFO  2022-09-21T14:43:30.014 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(128)) [1P:foundation/op-apple/src/biometry_service.rs:287] System biometry info: BiometricStatus { current_policy: WatchOnly, current_method: TouchId, current_availability: Available }
ERROR 2022-09-21T14:43:30.021 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-automated-unlock/src/lib.rs:294] Failed to authorize using system biometry: FailedToUnlockWithKeys(BiometryUnavailable)
INFO  2022-09-21T14:43:30.022 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:ssh/op-ssh-agent/src/lib.rs:419] Session was not authorized
INFO  2022-09-21T14:43:57.922 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(129)) [1P:foundation/op-apple/src/biometry_service.rs:287] System biometry info: BiometricStatus { current_policy: BiometricsOrWatch, current_method: TouchId, current_availability: Available }
INFO  2022-09-21T14:43:57.943 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(129)) [1P:foundation/op-apple/src/biometry_service.rs:287] System biometry info: BiometricStatus { current_policy: BiometricsOrWatch, current_method: TouchId, current_availability: Available }

So I realized that I was using a macbook with a touchid, but I was using an external monitor and closing the screen. At this point this problem is bound to appear. When I opened the laptop, It was able to pop up the authorization box for touchid correctly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• jansendotsh
    jansendotsh
    Community Member
    Options

I realized this error started when I turned on the "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac" under the system's preferences >> Security & Privacy. You can work around it temporarily by disabling that feature although I'm a bit confused why this happens since the SSH agent page says that the best experience is using Apple Watch to unlock.

• Update: We have made a significant update to the prompts, which give more flexible approval methods to prevent the automatically refused SSH requests.

This discussion has been closed.